Adding Unity to OnlyShowIn allowed values

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 23 15:32:24 PST 2011

> That being said, I think it might be worth a standard environment
> variable to get that. There isn't one that I know of today.

I agree.
May I propose XDG_DESKTOP ?

Regards
Pierre

Sorry I am late to the party here and may be off thread.  This was discussed back in 2009 with the proposal at that time being XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.

The shipping versions of LXDE have been using this to control how the menu processor matches OnlyShowIn and NotShowIn.  It also uses XDG_MENU_PREFIX to control the file lookup on the toplevel ${XDG_MENU_PREFIX}applications.xml

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2009-August/010940.html