XDG specs migrated to git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 10 15:30:47 PST 2011

hi...

super-massively-belated-response(tm) ...

On Thursday, October 14, 2010, Vincent Untz wrote:
> It's all at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-specs/

cool, we have a nice start :)

> If people want to push other specs there, they're welcome. There's no
> strict policy right now (except "don't break specs" ;-)) -- you might
> need to ask for write access, though, I'm not sure. Ah, maybe we want to

i've requested an account to help out as i can.

> I think it'd make to also get the trash and thumbnails specs there if
> possible. I'll try to find the docbook sources for that, and push them
> there if people agree

neither of these are there yet. want help?

> As for other specs:
>
>  + icon-theme & icon-naming: already in another git repo
>    (xdg/default-icon-theme). I think people wanted to keep them there.

we should reach out to them and try to convince them otherwise.

>  + shared-mime-info: already in another git repo (xdg/shared-mime-info)
>  + startup-notification: already in another git repo
>    (startup-notification)

>  + free media player: currently in gitorious. Want me to import it?

yes, i think that would be good. should be passed by whomever is currently
maintaining it, of course.

>  + ewmh: any opinion?
>  + xembed: any opinion?
>  + xsettings: any opinion?
>  + xds: any opinion?
>  + recent-file: any opinion?
>  + file-uri: any opinion?
>  + sound-theme/sound-naming: any opinion?

all of these should be pulled in, imho. the repository gains value as more and
more of the relevant specs are pulled in.

there is also:

* the notifications spec which is currently sitting on a gnome server
* the dbus-based Status Notifier spec, which is currently in the
statusnotifier branch under specifications/ in git at gitorious.org:xdg-
specs/xdg-specs.git

finally, i'd like to bring up the topic of metadata in the repository ... but
i'll start a new thread for that i think...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se