Relative paths in .desktop files

David Faure faure at
Thu Jun 23 02:58:46 PDT 2011

On Monday 18 April 2011, Vincent Untz wrote:
> FWIW, I'd consider ./ to be relative to the path defined in the Path
> key (which could be ./ to tell that it's the base directory of the
> .desktop file).

From a KDE point of view: I support these additions to the desktop entry spec
and I volunteer to implement them in KDE.

(In fact I just implemented support for Exec=./foo here, but that's useless by
itself if it requires on a Path that has to be absolute, so the next step is
to implement Path=. if we all agree on that syntax).

David Faure, faure at,
Sponsored by Nokia to work on KDE, incl. Konqueror (