XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP (was: Adding Unity to OnlyShowIn allowed values)

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Mar 4 18:56:02 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 18:37 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 10:25 -0600, Ted Gould wrote:
> > I haven't seen any objection, just questions to this.  Final call?
>
> I have voiced my objection to the general idea of 'desktop switch'
> behaviour changes, but that's more of a complaint against
> XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP than against OnlyShowIn=Unity

I'm unsure why you object.  It seem to be something that's generally
useful for applications to know.  For instance if they wanted to have a
configuration check box for "Show on Plasma Desktop" or "Show in
Messaging Tray" or something like that.  They could make the strings
more informative if the information was available.

		--Ted