applet for all WMs

Bjørge Solli bjorge.solli at it.uib.no
Tue Mar 15 02:08:41 PDT 2011

Hi, I would like to have a small applet that starts when a user logs in
to a window manager and that I can have running in the background to
notify users of events (e.g. using libnotify). Is there a standard that
could make this work on all WMs? Any tutorials or howtos to help me
along, preferably using standard bash or python? I am conserned on how
to make it stop when the user logs out or his session is killed for some
reason. Don't want zombies keeping the users network home mounted. If
you have any advice on these topics please let me know.

--
Regards, Bjørge Solli