app id in desktop file

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:12:17 PDT 2011

To fix the clashes in /usr/bin, you need to rename them.
So it's quite reasonable to rename the desktop files associated with
them as well.
Introducing dbus-like naming for desktop ids does not fix the clashes
in /usr/bin so we still need to rename the binaries.
Naming desktop files after their associated binary files can make
things more consistent.
When there are no clashes in /usr/bin, then there won't be clashes for
the desktop files names after the binary names, either.
So no fix is needed in this case.
Even we name the desktop files with namespaces, we still have to
rename files in /usr/bin when clashes happen.
So this doesn't save the renaming work. Anyway we have to rename
something and the proposed way did not prevent this.
In addition, it added more inconsistency.
Naming the binary, desktop file, data dir, config dir, and application
icons with the same name IMHO is the most consistent way.