Showing a file in the file manager

Federico Mena Quintero federico at ximian.com
Mon May 23 16:56:03 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 19:14 +0200, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

>       DisplayFolder (uri : STRING, display : STRING) : VOID
>
>       uri        : either a file:-URI or an absolute path.
>       display    : the screen on which to display the folder or ""
>                    to use the default screen of the file manager.
>       startup_id : the DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID environment variable for
>       properly handling startup notification and focus stealing.
>     -->
>     <method name="DisplayFolder">
>       <arg direction="in" name="uri" type="s" />
>       <arg direction="in" name="display" type="s" />
>       <arg direction="in" name="startup_id" type="s" />
>     </method>

Thanks!  It's good to know that we are thinking of the same thing.

If I'm not mistaken, your startup_id comes from
sn_launcher_context_get_startup_id(), correct?  And then the file
manager would do sn_launchee_context_new() and extract the parameters
from there?

Do we need a "display" argument at all?  I mean, does XFCE handle
sessions with more than one X display at a time?

  Federico