Common interfaces for speech services

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 17:35:25 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Michael Pozhidaev <msp at altlinux.ru> wrote:
> Hello, Jeremy!
>
> Yes, I had to look through freebsoft documents during the discussions of
> ideas to merge speech-dispatcher with our russian server voiceman.
>
> In its current view it has some disadvantages and it is too large with
> lot of detailes. It is basically designed for using TTS engines as
> shared libraries and requires additional work to make it appropriate for
> D-Bus.
>
> My suggestion is to start with minimal simple interface and extend it
> later when new detailes become clear and appropriate for everybody.

Hello Michael,

Yeah, that sounds like a good approach. I am interested in your
software also btw.  Is it open source licensed?  Where could it be
gotten from?

As for how/where to get freedesktop infrastructure involved, others on
the list will have to respond to that.  I haven't had much luck in
that regard (but I haven't exactly tried to push much in this regard
either).

thanks,
Jeremy