Default File Manager

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Nov 30 07:07:31 PST 2011

On Wednesday, 30 de November de 2011 08.57.49, Sander Jansen wrote:
> > In most cases when people ask how to determine an application, they don't
> > actually need to know the application. They just need the system to
> > perform
> > some operation and xdg-open already solves most of those problems.
>
> By pass xdg-open and start the file manager directly. Or provide a
> user-friendly menu name as in "Show in Dolphin", or "Show in Thunar".

If the issue you have is simply selecting one file, then I recommend to start
using now the # marker, along with an absolute URL. It should work everywhere
already and require no changes for backwards compatibility.

Then just request the file managers implement the selection feature.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358