xdgmime

DAV dav.daemon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:40:27 PST 2012

Hello!

My name is Dmitriy and I'm working on filemanager (yep yet another :) ).
Some time ago I was in need of a library which should be able to read mime
data.
So, I've chosen xdgmime because for me it is the best alternative from the
list "
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/shared-mime-info-spec#Current_implementors
".
But unfortunately xdgmime is missing implementation of some important
specifications like "Desktop Entry
Specification"<http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html>
,  "Icon Theme Specification"<http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html>
 and "Icon Naming
Specification"<http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html>
.
It hasn't stopped me :) I've forked git repo (
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdgmime) and added missing features:
 - C-implementation of AVL trees;
 - indexed (by using of AVL trees) access to all ".desktop" files and its
contents (implementation of "Desktop Entry Specification");
 - indexed (by using of AVL trees) access to icon themes and its contents
(implemetation of "Icon Theme Specification" and "Icon Naming
Specification").

So, I would like to suggest to merge our implementations.
My repo is "git://github.com/ZeR0God/exdgmime.git" and it is merged with
xdgmime master branch.
I hope it will be useful.