freedesktop.org trash-spec links broken

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 14:32:01 PST 2012

On Tuesday 20 December 2011 15:16:38 Rex Dieter wrote:
> I was going to look up something do with the trash-spec and found
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/trash-spec
> to contain just broken links.
>
> Anyone have any current/working pointers to the trash-spec?

The only link to the trash spec that has ever worked to my knowledge, is:

http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html

In fact that's the link in the above wiki page, so I'm surprised it didn't
work for you.

This should definitely be imported into the xdg-specs git, but, hmm, I can't do
that myself.

xdg-specs (master)>git push
Counting objects: 5, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 8.64 KiB, done.
Total 4 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename ./objects/9a: Permission denied

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpacker exited with error code
To ssh://faure@git.freedesktop.org/git/xdg/xdg-specs
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://faure@git.freedesktop.org/git/xdg/xdg-specs'

@Admins: can I get permission to push to xdg-specs?
Thanks.