Needs feedback: Work on new "intents" spec

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:24:53 PDT 2012

Hi chrysn,

I did look up android intents when I picked the name. The other name I had
in mind was "services" but that's a very different concept on Linux. It is
to be expected though that an extremely similar concept would be named that
way on a different platform. I do not think there would be confusion as:
 - Android does not have xdg-compliant apps
 - "Android intents" and "XDG intents" are two different-but-similar names
for two different-but-similar concepts.

I am fully opened to suggestions for a different name anyway :)

J. Leclanche