[Xesam] Meaning of xesam:url
michael.albinus at gmx.de
Sun Aug 3 02:33:05 PDT 2008
I'm currently playing with different search engine. It looks to me like
all of them have an own idea of xesam:url, which makes it a little bit
hard to interpret in a client.
- The XesamOntology95 says as data type "list of URLs". This seems to be
an error, all engines return just a string.
- When it is a local file, beagle returns a "file:///a/b" URL. Contrary,
strigi returns a local file name like "/a/b". I guess, it shall always
be a URL.
- The engines use xesam:url for providing further information. Examples:
* "file:///.../Mail/Local Folders/Inbox/?id=240915" means file "Inbox",
char position 240915 (beagle)
* "/home/albinus/Mail/default/21/ChangeLog" means (email in) file
"21", attachment "ChangeLog" (strigi)
means a file in a zipped tar (strigi)
I believe, such information shall be given in other xesam fields.
Best regards, Michael.
More information about the Xesam