[Xesam] Desktop Search Hackfest - planning

Ivan Frade ivan.frade at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 02:50:59 PDT 2008

Hi Mikkel,

> Here are a few points worth discussion outside the wiki:
>
>  * Are there any other things than BOFs and coding sessions we could
> indulge in? I don't know if we should have presentations. Somehow it
> would feel weird without it, but I am not sure that we need them as
> such. Maybe mini-presentation/BOF would fare better if productivity is
> our main goal.

 If somebody wants to show something, we can arrange a short "demo"
session. This is a hackfest, not a conference, so i expect "a little
less conversation a little more action".

>  * How, formally, do we decide on an agenda? Personally I would
> probably go for collecting proposals (ie, from people volunteering to
> be responsible for them) on the wiki, and then have a small group of
> people try and fit that into and agenda (giving room for hacking
> sessions as well).

 We can define a concrete list of goals in different categories (for
example, XESAM, Tracker, Architecture...). I heard that in the Berlin
GTK hackfest they spent almost one day (the first) defining these
goals, and we have only two days!. Also the people can decide
beforehand what they want to do and prepare their
agenda/presentations/software/ideas for discussion.

 After the Hackfest we can review the goals list and mark them as
"Achieved", "Agreement on the topic", "Fail",...

Regards,

Ivan