[Xesam] Meaning of xesam:url

Michael Albinus michael.albinus at gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 21:51:49 PDT 2008

Sebastian Trüg <strueg-4qZELD6FgxhWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> In Nepomuk I use an identifier string value which can be set to anything that
> allows the application to identify the email or whatever. xesam:url is only
> used for files, actually to store their path (like strigi does) but here I
> agree that a URL would be better.
> So for emails for example I would say: no xesam:url at all. That should only
> be used for files (local or remote).

An email is stored usually in a file. A Xesam client might try to
present the email; the file location is necessary then. Therefore, I
would prefer, if xesam:url contains *always* the file location, either
locally (as file:///...), or somewhere remote.

And xesam:url shall contain *only* the file location, and no other
information.

> Cheers,
> Sebastian

Best regards, Michael.