[Xesam] Wrapping up for Xesam Search Spec RC3

Michael Albinus michael.albinus at gmx.de
Wed Aug 20 12:42:14 PDT 2008

"Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen" <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> writes:

>> I won't claim that it is a complete bug ontology. These are just the
>> fields I found useful in the given case.
>
> He, I bet you can pick up a good flamewar over this if you poke some
> of the maintainers of the various bug trackers out there :-)

For sure. Even Don Armstrong, maintainer of Debbugs (and supporting me
with its SOAP interface) might shoot me, because I use some other
keywords than stoned in Debbugs. "Severity" is called "tags" there,
which has another meaning in XESAM.

> OTOH, if you polish it and out it out somewhere public you might get
> the moment of first-to-set-up-shop and have other folks run with it
> :-)

That's something I have on my long-term agenda, indeed. But first I'ld
like to finish the Debbugs interface. And then, it takes at least a
comparison of Debbugs, Bugzilla, GNATS, Launchpad, etc (to quote only
some of them) in order to find common attributes.

> debbugs:affectedPackages might be useful to some... Just thinking out loud...

There are debbugs:blockedBy and debbugs:blocks. I don't use them ATM,
because they cannot be sent in the SOAP query (like other fields).

> Cheers,
> Mikkel

Best regards, Michael.