[Xesam] Proposal: Desktop Search hackfest

Quim Gil quimgil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 09:16:55 PDT 2008

Thanks all for the quick answers!

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Jamie McCracken
<jamie.mccrack at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would prefer it if it was Desktop search and *Metadata* as the search
> aspect is already well covered in Xesam but the use of a centralised
> metadata is critical to having a well integrated desktop.

The details are up to you guys. I have driven the idea until the point
of proposing one broad topic and having some budget to cover it. I'm
almost done.  ;)

To tell you the truth, now I'm more worried about the finantial
details. Once the hackfest is confirmed with a rough estimation of the
budget I will be able to make decisions on other Maemo Summit related
costs.

You could agree on a broad idea about the mission and objectives. This
would help the right people to decide to come. Then we know more or
less how many people from which origins we have, and we can make a
rough estimation (by Friday?)

--
Quim Gil /// http://flors.wordpress.com