[Xesam] Practical applicability issues

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:26:28 PDT 2008

Hi all.

I'd like to raise again a long-standing issue of structure support.

Some of missing features that require structure support are actually being
_requested by potential users_(who are encouraged to chime in ;-) :

* Geo tagging and geo information for addresses;

* Status and presence information for contacts;

* Adequate support of iCalendar spec, which is currently more or less
nonexistent.

Needless to say support means not only storage and retrieval, but
filters/query conditions.

This can't be resolved merely by introduction of some string format for a
field that represents structured data, since eg useful features like geo
proximity search won't work..

I consider this to be a blocker issue that significantly limits applicability
of xesam and interoperability with platforms that don't have structure
support limitations.

-- Evgeny