[Xesam] Sorting API to be more flexible

Arun Raghavan arunisgod at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 13:42:57 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
<mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> To be honest I didn't even think about that. I think that this may be
> tricky to implement on some backends, I will have to check up on
> sqlite, Lucene, and Xapian to verify this. I am also wondering about
> the real usefulness of this feature. Do we have some concrete use
> cases? Urho's original Artist, Album, Track# does not seem to require
> this feature at least. Will think.

Mainly, I see this being imporatant for cases where a character field
and a date field are in sort.fields. For example, documents sorted
newest first and then by title.

Arun Raghavan
(http://nemesis.accosted.net)
v2sw5Chw4+5ln4pr6$OFck2ma4+9u8w3+1!m?l7+9GSCKi056
e6+9i4b8/9HTAen4+5g4/8APa2Xs8r1/2p5-8 hackerkey.com