[Xesam] Nepomuk/Xesam future (was Re: condition of 1.0 ?)

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:27:23 PDT 2009

2009/4/27 Ivan Frade <ivan.frade at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
> <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think that if we release 1.0 with a note saying that 2.0 will be
>> completely incompatible and will arrive in 1 year (at the earliest!)
>> will be the "fair" choice.
>
>  After reading all the points you explained in your mail, i agree, this
> sounds sensible.

Super. Glad to hear :-)

>  I would add a new point to the Xesam2.0 task list: the client library. What
> should include, what is part of it and responsability of the applications.
> At least some guidelines.
>
>  So, what is the plan to "finish" the XESAM 1.0 and when can we start
> working in the 2.0? :)

Not much really... Roberto and Michele stepped in a did some of the
work I listed in
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xesam/2009-April/000324.html. I
have been updating the script we use for Moin->PDF conversion to work
against Moin 1.7.* which I just completed last night.

What remains is something like:

 * Complete the ChangeLog that Roberto started to write

 * Fix all links in the *100 pages to point at their *100 counterparts
(there is a page collection all *100 pages on
http://xesam.org/main/Xesam100)

 * Generate releaes PDFs and upload them to xesam.org at the relevant locations

 * Write release notes and publish them

 * That thing I probably forgot in this list...

 * Party like its 1999!

Cheers,
Mikkel

Mikkel