[Xesam] Nepomuk/Xesam future (was Re: condition of 1.0 ?)

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Tue Apr 28 14:19:37 PDT 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009 10:32:01 Ivan Frade wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Roberto Guido <bob4mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 24 April 2009 17:22:08 Jamie McCracken wrote:
> > > at this time so xesam does not look a viable standard at the moment
> >
> > I can accept this, the most important point is to admit it.
> >
> > Next question is: would ever be Xesam a viable standard?
> >
> > Proposal from Ivan (please, correct me!!!) is to fork the Nepomuk
> > ontology and
> > maintain it in a community-driven structure, defining then the common API
> > access information. Is this possible? Is this a solution? Is this in the
> > interest? Would "relevant trackers" agree to apply what specified here?
>
> Lets use the XESAM architecture:
>
> 1) Ontologies: I propose to move to nepomuk based ontologies, maintained in
> the XESAM project. so yes, it includes fork.

Actually I think it makes more sense to get the Nepomuk ontology development
process into the open. We already started a sourceforge project[1] for that
but so far did not have the time to set it up properly.

Evgeny and Philip already developed patches for NMO. Now we "only" need to get
those into the actual ontologies.

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscaf/