[Xesam] xesam website

Roberto Guido bob4mail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:00:48 PDT 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 20:15:47 you wrote:
> Xesam is about creating a standard and that's pretty much it.

No shine (and above all accessible redundant information for everyone) -> no
attention by users -> no attention by developers -> no implementation of
Xesam -> no standard in place.
You can have the best specification in the world, it is useless if no one
adopt it. Someone in the list probably has more experience than me about
this :-)

> Can you point to any specific points where this is a problem on
> xesam.org... I am not quite sure I understand what you mean.

First time I was on website I gain very bad opinion of Xesam, because I
couldn't find informations I required. Them were available (at least, the
xesam-glib binding), but... I didn't found them at first try. Sure, at second
I did, but I was motivated: I can figure most of occasional users open the
page, give a look, and back to read news on Slashdot without understand what
Xesam is.

> I would also like to keep everything as close to the FDO
> infrastrukture as possible so that it will be easy to migrate back
> should that ever become relevant.

If it is so, probably this may be the major blocking motivation. But
dependency from a over-bureaucratic authority, as you say, unable to provide
some web space cannot be a reason to slow engage about Xesam or any other
wannabe standard.

--
Roberto -MadBob- Guido
http://claimid.com/madbob