[Xesam] Bugs ontology and bugtracker output as RDF

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Aug 5 05:14:51 PDT 2009

Hi.

(I'm re-sending this message to the list following a suggestion of Philip
Van Hoof after having subscribed : damn moderation... sorry for eventual duplicate)

We're working on validating the use of some ontologies to represent
bugtracker data, bugs, and their relationships, in the frame of the
Helios project (more details in some posts here :
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/?s=rdf for instance).

Here's a page describing our approach using triplify :
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web/TriplifyBugzillaToRdf
and a demonstrator : http://kilauea.int-evry.fr:8081/triplify/bugzilla/

There's also a demonstrator with more realistic data for Debian bugs, as
it's running on real Debian bugs from UDD (Ultimate Debian Database) :
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web/TriplifyUddToRdf and the demo : http://kilauea.int-evry.fr:8081/triplify/UDD/

You may start navigating the triples from
http://kilauea.int-evry.fr:8081/triplify/bugzilla/person/1 (it's an
internal bugzilla we'had been using, so the data are realistic,
altough not public) or from
http://kilauea.int-evry.fr:8081/triplify/UDD/user/6688a14521cd97db162af8f9757f2e2232300e50 for instance ;)

I thought this might be of interest to some of you, and I have 2 questions :

- do you know people working on bug-related ontologies (for instance
desktop reporting, etc.)

- do you think that some projects could be interested in outputting RDF from their
bugzillas, and whom we should try to talk to about that idea ?

Any comments or critics welcome of course.

Best regards,

P.S.: the goal is to contribute to free software as much as possible,
needless (or not) to say ;)
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC