[Xesam] Decision making process

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:49:11 PDT 2009

This is taken from
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/OntologyMaintenance

"== Decision-making Process ==

Proposals by Evgeny Egorochkin:
 * Consensus-based for important issues.
  * Majority vote doesn't suit us because 51% approval is just a good excuse
to sweep under the rug a fundamental rift in the community.
  * Ideas should be judged on merit based on a shared vision of the
participants.
  * It's really hard to decide who has a voting power in a highly dynamic and
distributed community like ours.
 * Minor issues may be up for voting if no consensus is found to avoid the
project getting stuck and move on to something more important.
 * Ontology maintainers are responsible for ensuring decision meet consensus
criteria. This means either:
  * Waiting long enough for all parties involved to either comment or ignore
the issue(considered an abstention).
  * Contacting affected parties to obtain either their comment, confirm
abstention or to set a deadline for them to express their opinion.
  As a consequence of being responsible, commits to the repository need a
maintainer approval.
 * No ticket - no commit policy. This is important to document our decisions.
Every change must be discussed in the issue tracker before being committed.
Every comment of parties affected by the decision must be added to the ticket
regardless of the way the comment was communicated. The exception to this
policy is minor technical defects such as typos, formatting.
"

I'd like to know if I can remove "Proposals by Evgeny Egorochkin:" from this
section of the page. That is, please vote or comment ;)

-- Evgeny