[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Fri Jun 5 04:55:47 PDT 2009

ok, i have written all this on the OntologyMaintenance wiki page,
and added your suggestion of tracking to my existing suggestions,

if you have time, also read and comment on the other stuff written here
already,
I noted some ideas about maintenance there...
http://dev.nepomuk.semanticdesktop.org/wiki/OntologyMaintenance

kind regards, nice weekend
/me now thinking about last-minute panic before my phd defence,
Leo

It was Ivan Frade who said at the right time 05.06.2009 12:51 the
following words:
> Hi all,
>
> Count me in for the maintenance of the ontologies. One important point
> is to move the things fast, so a responsive maintainer is vital (an
> active guy or more than one maintainer).
>
> I can act as co-maintainer of NFO (help from original authors
> welcome). I wouldn't take more ontologies unless necessary, because i
> plan to propose/maintain some extensions we have here on the queue.
>
> I would like to discuss NID3 and NEXIF (and probably NCAL).
>
> About tracking systems, i feel more confortable with bugzilla, and
> allows pretty complex queries (if custom reports are needed). We have
> a bugzilla already in freedesktop, and we can copy the currently open
> tickets there by hand; we can keep the old bugzilla for reference, and
> indicate clearly that it is closed and all the new bugs should be
> reported in the new bugzilla.
>
> So the tools are:
>
> IRC: #xesam in freenode
> Mailing list: this one (xesam at lists.freedesktop.org
> <mailto:xesam at lists.freedesktop.org>)
> Bugtracking: bugzilla in freenode (* just proposed *)
>
> Publishing of the drafts:
> The ontologies and documentation should be in the freedesktop git
> repository (if it exists) or XESAM web server. And i wonder how to do
> the refreshing of the web pages. Any idea about this? Who is the web
> master in FDO? Can we use the original nepomuk scripts for that? is it
> java? python? bash? can we run then in the freedesktop server? what
> about using the XESAM server for this? Mikkel, ping?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivan
>

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Philip Van Hoof <spam at pvanhoof.be
> <mailto:spam at pvanhoof.be>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 20:14 +0200, Roberto Guido wrote:
>     > On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 18:18 +0200, Leo Sauermann wrote:
>     > > I would like to know the names of people who
>     > > feel responsible to work for the quality. I would like to see an
>     > > ontology maintainer/editor for each ontology.
>     > >
>     > Here I am: after so many criticism, I'm curious to follow the
>     game as
>     > near as possible. I candidate myself for NMO.
>
>     Note that NMO will be among the most difficult to maintain as me and
>     Evgeny Egorochkin have already made quite a bit of changes to it, that
>     will somehow have to be upstreamed.
>
>     You can find a TTL of the NMO as how we'll need it here:
>
>     http://git.gnome.org/cgit/tracker/tree/data/ontologies/34-nmo.ontology
>
>     > Pro:
>     > - enough time to follow evolution of discussions
>     > - supported by an italian company involved in semantic free software
>     > development (and perhaps next OSCAF member ;-) )
>     >
>     > Cons:
>     > - little experience in maintainance of large projects, so a
>     mentor would
>     > be appreciated at least in the beginning

> [...]

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313