[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Arun Raghavan arun at accosted.net
Fri Jun 5 05:13:37 PDT 2009

2009/6/5 Ivan Frade <ivan.frade at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Count me in for the maintenance of the ontologies. One important point is to
> move the things fast, so a responsive maintainer is vital (an active guy or
> more than one maintainer).
>
> I can act as co-maintainer of NFO (help from original authors welcome). I
> wouldn't take more ontologies unless necessary, because i plan to
> propose/maintain some extensions we have here on the queue.
>
> I would like to discuss NID3 and NEXIF (and probably NCAL).
>
> About tracking systems, i feel more confortable with bugzilla, and allows
> pretty complex queries (if custom reports are needed). We have a bugzilla
> already in freedesktop, and we can copy the currently open tickets there by
> hand; we can keep the old bugzilla for reference, and indicate clearly that
> it is closed and all the new bugs should be reported in the new bugzilla.
>
> So the tools are:
>
> IRC: #xesam in freenode
> Mailing list: this one (xesam at lists.freedesktop.org)
> Bugtracking: bugzilla in freenode (* just proposed *)

Assuming you mean freedesktop, it's already there. E.g.:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=product%3Axesam -
anyone can make an account and start filing stuff.

Mikkel can help figure out what other details we need and how to get
it done, but at the very minimum, we can probably split the Ontology
component into the Ontology - [Onto Name] and assign a default
maintainer depending on whoever volunteers.

--
Arun Raghavan
(http://arunraghavan.net/)