[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:08:40 PDT 2009

On 4 июня 2009 21:14:44 Roberto Guido wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 18:18 +0200, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> > I would like to know the names of people who
> > feel responsible to work for the quality. I would like to see an
> > ontology maintainer/editor for each ontology.
>
> Here I am: after so many criticism, I'm curious to follow the game as
> near as possible. I candidate myself for NMO.

Is your interest in messaging related to you project? Unf I only had time to
take a glance at it.

> Pro:
> - enough time to follow evolution of discussions
> - supported by an italian company involved in semantic free software
> development (and perhaps next OSCAF member ;-) )

An interesting project btw ;)

> Cons:
> - little experience in maintainance of large projects, so a mentor would
> be appreciated at least in the beginning

It's not large if you measure code, documentation etc size. It's like a math
scientific paper. Just several formulas and several pages of text, but good
luck completely understanding all of the implications.

Of course I will be available to help.

> Waiting for comments.
>
> > Please give me an account and point me to the "welcome to freedesktop"
> > page explaining how things work
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests
>
> I also would need an account, but I remember someone in this list
> already mentioned some action in Freedesktop to obtain resources about
> ontologies development hosting: any news?

I guess Mikkel was supposed to do this but I'm not sure...