[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Mon Jun 15 05:14:32 PDT 2009

more volunteers go maintain stuff, excellent,
I moved the list to sourceforge, see below,
then you can all maintain it.

It was Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen who said at the right time 09.06.2009
20:44 the following words:
> 2009/6/9 Urho Konttori <urho.konttori at nokia.com>:
>
>> ext Evgeny Egorochkin wrote:

>>> Xesamies sounds good :)

>>> I can afford to be a backup maintainer for all this. As long as people are
>>> willing to write code, I'll find the time to tell them what to do^H^H^H^H^H
>>> maintain ontologies :)
>>>
>>> This can work for awhile. More visibility and synergetic effects will fix this
>>> over time.
>>>
>> I can be maintainer of NMM once we agree to include that in the official
>> ontologies (and drop the NID3 and possibly even NEXIF while doing so).
>> Also, by replacing the nid3, and nexif, we have 1 less ontology to get a
>> maintainer for ;).
>>
>> Pros:
>> I designed that together with Evgeny Egorochkin and Mikael Ottela.
>> NMM is still not completely sanity tested and may still need quite a few
>> changes, so I would be a good person to do that.
>>
>> Cons:
>> Quite busy until next autumn.
>>

> I must admit that it feels a bit like stealing to offer maintainership
> of something I didn't develop myself, but here goes anyway :-)
>
> I could probably take NAO - or to be honest I have great interest in
> the particular subject of annotations and I believe that the NAO could
> be so much more powerful. As a side note I must also admit that I've
> found that it doesn't meet my needs for how we plan to use Gnome
> Zeitgeist. More or that at a later time...
>
> I don't have a lot of time, but NAO is small (and I believe it should
> stay that way) so it might work out.

ok, put you on the list...

as we kind-of-agreed to move to sourceforge, I now made a copy of this
list here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/OntologyMaintenance

which was before there:
http://dev.nepomuk.semanticdesktop.org/wiki/OntologyMaintenance

best
Leo

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313