[Xesam] Desktop ontology svn layout

Ivan Frade ivan.frade at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:56:54 PDT 2009

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Sebastian Trüg <strueg at mandriva.com>wrote:

> I'd say we make it very simple: top level dirs "ontologies" and "tools" in
> the
> trunk. And then:
>
> trunk
>  ontologies
>     release
>        pimo
>        nie
>        nfo
>        nco
>        nmo
>        ncal
>        nexif
>        nid3
>     draft
>        ndo
>        nmm
>  tools
>     <whatever>

I like it.

Just to clarify "release" means that are "public" ontologies. Every now and
then we will create tags in the svn to have a "released" pack of ontologies,
right?

In the single ontology dirs I would put the trig sources directly. I propose
> we work on those since trig is way easier to read and hack than rdf+xml and
> it
> is the distribution format anyway.

I think it is a good idea.

Then the folders could have "documentation" subdirs which in the case of
> pimo
> should include the sources for the pimo.pdf written by leo (if he agrees).
> Each ontology folder will also have a ChangeLog file in which we should
> note
> each change to the onto.

The HTML documentation with the classes and properties, and links between
them... is generated directly from the ontology files? so, that
documentation folder is just for "extra" stuff?

Do we need anything else?

I dont see anything evident missing.

Once an ontology is decided and should be released it is moved from the
> draft
> to the release folder.
>
> A tool could gather all release ontologies and package them for a release.
>
> If you agree I will take care of this.

Sounds great! Thanks!

Ivan