[Xesam] [nepomuk-kde] An open-source project for desktop ontology maintenance

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:22:20 PDT 2009

2009/5/8 Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com>:
> On 8 мая 2009 00:09:18 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
>> 2009/5/7 Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com>:
>>> On 7 мая 2009 13:41:18 Roberto Guido wrote:
>> I must admit that reading the pages on oscaf.org (organization and
>> membership pages) leaves me a bit intimidated. And also leaves me
>> questionable whether simply spinning off a vigilante sourceforge
>> project will help collaboration...
>
> ...like the sourceforge project that Sebastian and Leo started already?

Yes. Although that depends and Sebastian and Leo's powers withing the
OSCAF project. At this point I am still utterly in the dark on the
decision making process withing OSCAF...

> The point of this project is that repositories are open,  and ticket tracker
> is open which means that outsiders(as opposed to core maintainers) can
> participate easily.

Well, that depends on a lot of other things as well. But I will give
them the benefit of the doubt :-)

>> But I really am still puzzled about
>> this whole oscaf deal. It seems that some people on the lists are into
>> the inner workings behind this, perhaps they can enlighten everybody?
>
> Several researchers + a number of companies paying money to sustain the
> foundation, showing an intent in implementing or using nepomuk tech and hoping
> to have their voice heard. Although in practice you have a much better chance
> of being heard if you provide useful suggestions as opposed to paying fees and
> being silent ;)

Again, I can't see what you base this claim on, but the benefit of the
doubt wins again :-)

Mikkel