[xliff-tools] PO references

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Wed Feb 2 01:49:12 PST 2005

Hi

I notice that the xliff-po-guide only refers to source file and
linenumber under PO references:
example.cpp:134 becomes this
  <context-group name="x-po-reference" purpose="location">
    <context context-type="sourcefile">example.cpp</context>
    <context context-type="linenumber">134</context>
  </context-group>

However, when using the PO format to encode certain other translation
formats we use a # to indicate a non-linenumber based location within
the code (we were recommended to do this on the gettext list).
Its tricky to work out where this #location should go in the xliff file.
Of course part of this is because the PO file format specification
provided by gettext is not really a standard reference work :-)
Any ideas?

David