[xliff-tools] PO references

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Wed Feb 2 03:23:10 PST 2005

David Fraser wrote:

> Hi
>
> I notice that the xliff-po-guide only refers to source file and
> linenumber under PO references:
> example.cpp:134 becomes this
>  <context-group name="x-po-reference" purpose="location">
>    <context context-type="sourcefile">example.cpp</context>
>    <context context-type="linenumber">134</context>
>  </context-group>
>
> However, when using the PO format to encode certain other translation
> formats we use a # to indicate a non-linenumber based location within
> the code (we were recommended to do this on the gettext list).
> Its tricky to work out where this #location should go in the xliff
> file. Of course part of this is because the PO file format
> specification provided by gettext is not really a standard reference
> work :-)
> Any ideas?
>
> David

I emailed Asgeir an example file, but for reference here is the
discussion on the gettext list:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6989141
And an example file (served dynamically from Pootle :-)):
http://pootle.wordforge.org/de/openoffice/basctl/source/dlged.po
with one sample entry:

#: dlgresid.src#RID_STR_BRWTITLE_PROPERTIES.string.text
msgid "Properties: "
msgstr "Eigenschaften: "

David