[xliff-tools] Translator Comments

Tim Foster Tim.Foster at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 16 08:24:03 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 15:03, Bruno Haible wrote:
> 1.4.1.1. Translator Comments
>
> I think from="translator" would make more sense than from="po-file".
> The PO file is not an entity which can write comments on its own :-)

In a sense, it is - in that the po file has comments in it before you
convert to that format. For what it's worth, we're taking the comments
from .po files and storing them as bits of <context> information,
attached to each trans-unit.

Of course, I've also seen a few po files that are close to achieving
self-awareness : I could swear I've seen a few of them making their
own comments from time to time, but maybe I just drank too much
coffee that day ;-)

I get your point about Extracted Comments later on though : that
sounds more like what we're doing.

	cheers,
			tim
--
Tim Foster - Tools Engineer, Software Globalisation
http://sunweb.ireland/~timf http://blogs.sun.com/timf