[xliff-tools] PO Representation Guide: The PO Header

Rodolfo M. Raya rodolfo at heartsome.net
Thu Feb 17 05:37:21 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 23:47 +1000, Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:08, Josep Condal wrote:
> >
> > I I understand it right, the actual transition of the approved attribute
> > from approved="no" to approved="yes" seems to be reserved for a second
> > person, who reviews the translation of the translator who makes the
> > transition from translated="no" to translated="yes". Obviously, if the
> > translation project is not to be reviewed by a second person, the
> > translator can directly approve his own translations as a shortcut.
>
> Do you here mean the 'translate' boolean attribute of <group>, <trans-unit>
> and <bin-unit>? I couldn't find any 'translated' attribute in the
> specification.

You are right, "translated" doesn't exist.

> The 'translate' attribute can be set to 'no' to protect a <trans-unit> from
> translation. E.g. in tools such as Catalyst, these entries are read-only.

Same thing happens with Heartsome's XLIFF editor.

> So there is no relation between the 'translate' and 'approved' attribute.

I believe that Josep was looking for an alternative way to indicate that
final approval depends on two people, the translator and the reviewer.
He also mentioned the "state" attribute of <target>, which could be used
for that. Unfortunately, the "state" attribute can be set to any value
by the translation tool, making it unusable for what Josep wants.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rodolfo at heartsome.net>