1.4.1.2 Automatic Comments (was Re: [xliff-tools] PO Representation Guide: The PO Header)

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at redhat.com
Sun Feb 20 15:11:04 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:19, Rodolfo M. Raya wrote:
> Here are a few comments about the PO Representation Guide:
>
> 1.4.1.2. Automatic Comments
>

>         In my own experience, automatic comments never provided
>         important context information. I would leave them in the
>         skeleton.

They might not be important, much because they are not much used by
developers, but I can't see why we should exclude them when they are intended
to provide important context information? Ignoring them in an XLIFF editor
and TM is ok, and editor/tm-specific, but we should anyway include them in
the conversion.

cheers,
asgeir