[xliff-tools] How many XLIFF tools?

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at redhat.com
Sat Jun 11 05:04:11 PDT 2005

Hi Martin,

Martin Wunderlich wrote:

>Now for my question. I am currently trying to get an idea of which tools at
>the moment offer support for XLIFF. Here's what I've come up with so far:
>- Heartsome XLIFF editor
>- Passolo
>- Catalyst
>- Multilizer
>- SDLX
>- Trados 7
>- Editor from Sun (not released, yet)
>- Transolution for Linux
>- KBabel (not quite yet)
>- ENLASO tools
>
>How many and which have I missed? Thanks a million for your hints.

There is a Mac tool called LocFactory, I haven't tried it, but they say
it supports XLIFF:
http://www.triplespin.com/en/products/locfactoryeditor.html

It would be nice to get "support for XLIFF" defined at some point
though. XLIFF is quite a daunting specification at first glance, and
having something like a "compliance kit" or a certification process
would be beneficial (similar to the TMX standard). - But I guess XLIFF
is still a young standard, and the first step would be to get XLIFF
formalized as an OASIS standard :)

cheers,
asgeir