[xliff-tools] Updated PO Representation Guide available

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at redhat.com
Thu May 19 06:18:46 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I have now updated the PO Representation Guide after the recent discussions on
the mailing-list:

http://xliff-tools.freedesktop.org/snapshots/po-repr-guide/wd-xliff-profile-po.html

This document is a re-write of the previous drafts, and the main changes are
as follows:
 - Now use OASIS style formatting
 - Added section describing the PO file format
 - Added section on handling Docbook-derived PO files (suggestion from Rodolfo
Raya)
 - Updated section on handling source/target language
 - Added section discussing TU IDs (suggestion from Yves Savourel)
 - Added section discussing handling of Escape Sequences (suggestion from Yves
Savourel) *
 - Added section discussing extraction from POT files
 - Changed <context-group> 'name' attribute to 'po-entry' for extracted
comments and translator comments *
 - Changed <context-group> 'name' attribute to 'po-reference' for PO