[xliff-tools] "origin" attribute fails to validate

Martin Wunderlich martin_wu at gmx.net
Fri Sep 2 21:37:51 EST 2005

Dear all,

I have created an XLIFF file to test tools and for some reason it fails to validate using the utility on http://dotnet.goglobalnow.net/Validation.aspx. The warning complains about the "origin" attribute in the <alt-trans> element, although this is clearly valid according to both the XLIFF 1.1 specs and the schema used ("<xsd:attribute name="origin" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>"). My file also validates ok using http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/.
The alt-trans element looks like this:
    <alt-trans>
     <target xml:lang="de-DE" origin="Martin" phase-name="translation">Hier steht ein wenig übersetzter Text.</target>
     <target xml:lang="de-AT" origin="TM">Hier steht a bisserl übersetzter Text.</target>
     <target xml:lang="ru-RU" origin="MT" phase-name="edit">Здесь есть тоже самый текст по-русский.</target>
    </alt-trans>

Any ideas? I would presume I can go ahead, assuming that the XLIFF file is valid.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin Wunderlich, M.A.
Freelance Translator EN<>DE