[ANNOUNCE] xorg-docs 1.4

David Nusinow dnusinow at speakeasy.net
Sat Mar 3 12:30:16 PST 2007

Major re-organization of the sgml docs. They are now converted from
linuxdoc to docbook and rely on the docbook2x series of tools, so your
build environments need to be updated.

git tag: xorg-docs-1.4

Changes since xorg-docs-1.3:

Adam Jackson (2):
      Fix distcheck.
      Bump to 1.4.

Alan Coopersmith (2):
      Update XFixes protocol spec to match XFixes 4.0
      Typo fixes in XFixes protocol spec

David Nusinow (14):
      Actually install the docs that we build
      Remove old big new features and add XACE info
      * Document autoconfig improvements
      * Modular isn't new any more. Don't pretend that it is.
      No extension protocol updates of note (just bugfixes) this release
      Reorder platform-specific fixes because I'm biased
      * Modular isn't new any more
      Missing close bracket. Yay structured text.
      Format new additions so that we don't need titles for each bulletpoint
      Comment out "Other extensions" section, which we don't need this time
      Update driver list
      Rearrange configuration section. X -configure is the preferred method now.
      Spell check
      Document that xkbdata is now deprecated.

Eamon Walsh (7):
      Change version in docbook DTD header - possible typo.
      Don't need directory cleaning stuff now that HTML target is fixed.
      Put Makefile.am SGML build rules into a separate include file.
      Add some semblance of subdirectories for categorizing SGML docs.
      Move SGML documents into category subdirectories.
      Docbook conversion: X "Porting Layer" server spec.
      Revisions: reordering of sections.

Eric Anholt (3):
      Remove duplicated specs from proto modules.
      More .gitignores for autoconf stuff.
      Remove render protocol doc now that it's been moved back to renderproto.

ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/xorg/individual/doc/xorg-docs-1.4.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/xorg/individual/doc/xorg-docs-1.4.tar.gz

md5 (xorg-docs-1.4.tar.bz2) = 4f2005bdd430a98c262901383459009e
md5 (xorg-docs-1.4.tar.gz) = f7d603db85225a20a41f3f3ea82ff31c

sha1 (xorg-docs-1.4.tar.bz2) = 1c129bf9a2da57a308c7b57cb994c960ff15880a
sha1 (xorg-docs-1.4.tar.gz) = c82293c4f7082733835e009a8470aadc792ca585

 - David Nusinow