[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.99.902

Ruediger Oertel ro at suse.de
Thu Mar 25 16:22:00 PDT 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010 22:55:13 Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> >> yes, for some reason it does not happen with the intel driver (or
> >> probably other combinations with only one native driver plus fbdev and
> >> vesa). Maybe that's a way to look: something in the screen setup may be
> >> different for fbdev or vesa, I'll try to look later on.
> >>
> >> my simple test to reproduce is just starting the xserver plus an xterm
> >> on it and then exiting the xterm.
> >
> > Crap, sounds like I need to try in on the desktop with nouveau/blob/nv :)
>
> Still no crash even with that machine. Tried several different scenarios:
>
> - nvidia loaded (nouveau blacklisted), nv/nouveau available/missing
> - nouveau loaded, nv/nvidia available/missing
>
> so I guess that leaves hybrids like intel/ati, intel/nvidia, ati/nvidia
> that are crashing?

argh, I apologize for leaving one important fact aside:
I'm running with malloc checking on:
# set | grep MALLOC
MALLOC_CHECK_=3
MALLOC_PERTURB_=69

if I unset MALLOC_PERTURB_, the Xserver will run pretty happily without crashing on cleanup.
still I'm pretty sure it's a valid problem as I'm producing structures that will cause a double-free
on cleanup.

--
with kind regards (mit freundlichem Grinsen),
   Ruediger Oertel (ro at novell.com,ro at suse.de,bugfinder at t-online.de)