XI 2.1 confine_to and raw event behaviour

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue May 31 18:55:57 PDT 2011

This is just a heads-up given that the merge window closes and this stuff
isn't in yet. I really want to get the new confine_to and the new
raw event behaviour out as XI 2.1 and into 1.11.

Patches for raw event behaviour are out on the list, I just need reviews and
then the glue to bump the server to support XI 2.1.
Patches for confine_to were mostly done with a few minor issues that are
being fixed.

Both features are not very intrusive but useful enough to not delay them for
another 6 months. Plus, by bumping XI to 2.1 we can sort out all clients
that break just because of that before we introduce touch and they break