[Xorg] Lots of changes today

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Aug 6 18:42:17 PDT 2004

Around 21 o'clock on Aug 6, Stuart Anderson wrote:

> > 2)	Xvfb didn't match "normal" PC hardware.
>
> Can you elaborate on this a bit more? How did it not match "normal"?

Xvfb was letting the 'fb' code pick the RGB masks for pixels, so we got
BGR color order.  It was also not picky about depths, so when you asked
for a x16 screen, you ended up with a depth 15 one.  I'm afraid I
hard-coded this to depth 16 so that it worked correctly for me; a better
fix would be to respect the command line argument, but that seems "hard".

With the current setup, you can use 'lightpipe' to a "normal" PC graphics
card and things look right.

-keith