[Xorg] XComposite, XDamage Extension with Xvideo or GL

Amir Bukhari ufz6 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Aug 7 09:07:57 PDT 2004

> Around 19 o'clock on Aug 6, "Amir Bukhari" wrote:
>
> > Redirect OpenGL application to backing store pixmap does not work with
> > Composite Extension (in Manual Mode) (Xserver always draw).
>
> Correct.  Fixing GLX to draw to off-screen memory will require additional
> work.

If someone could give me some information about the implementation of GLX on
X Server, I could start playing with it to get GLX draw to off-screen  (I
have got now a good picture of X implementation, so that I can begin hack on
it).
Is there a common Interface in X Server act as communication between X and
GLX and Graphic Card, which all GLX implementations use it.