[Xorg] shared vs static libraries

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Wed Aug 11 13:31:01 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 15:58, Roland Mainz wrote:
> We weren't thinking about shipping the two libs right now, only linking
> the consumers in the X.org tree against it to avoid the pain of
> symlinking the files around and undo that for the next release when the
> API has become stable. I am not ready with testing the new version (and
> found a very bad time to fall sick again) and Tanja isn't ready with the
> manual pages either.

So, in that case, it is not ready, and must be removed from the tree. To
use your own words, 'I am not happy with playing alphatester for such a
combination in a _production_ environment'; please decide whether it is
ready for shipping, in which case it should be a shared library with
soversion 0.0.0, or it is not ready for shipping, in which case you
retract it to your own tree.

:) d