[Xorg] keyboard questions

Nicolas DELY nanouck.dely at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 13 03:07:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm French student and new on this list.

I would like to know where I must looking for keyboard drivers:

most recent keyboards have multimedia keys and leds, unfortunately /xev/
doesn't allow to find all keycodes. For example, some keys have scancode
(detect with /showkey -s/) and no keycode so I can bind keycode on keys
with /setkeycodes /but result codes in X are unknow.

So, is there a way to find results in advance?

Moreover keys haven't sometimes no scancode for example on my laptop
(omnibook xe4500) but kernel modules allow to attribute the missing
scancode.

So, I would like to know how does it work? Does anyone know? And then
where can I find docs on keyboard drivers?

(my keyboards are hp internet keyboard 5183 and the other is an oem one
distributed by ldlc.com)

Thanks

Nanouck