[Xorg] Solicitation of screen shots of new facilities in action...

Ryan ryan.gallagher at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 19:27:41 PDT 2004

Hi,

Although the original screen shot is "legit" not doctored in any way, I
labeled it "deceptively good" because when running xcompmgr xorg is
utterly useless.  :-)  Widgets, window contents, text, etc, don't draw
correctly, performance is... well the word "performance" isn't really
applicable.

No offense meant to those busting their backs here, you rawk, I just
didn't want to leave a bunch of people heart-broken asking; "why doesn't
my x look like his x".

To further elucidate I'm running;

P4 2.4ghz
ati radeon 9000 (mobile) 64mb
648mb system ram
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7.99.2 (Friday 13th cvs)

Btw, thanks to all the developers.

-ry