[Xorg] xcompmgr aborts immediately

Dennie Bastiaan morphie at unravel-music.nl
Sat Aug 14 09:45:38 PDT 2004

I have problems with the xcompmgr. I updated my X.org installation from CVS
today (so I am running 6.7.99.2) and I also updated xcompmgr. When I run
xcompmgr the following happens.
The screen refreshes (very slowly, even though XAA and DRI are enabled), the
eye-candy works, but some fonts go blank and after it is refreshed it aborts
like this:

  dennie at neo:/opt/Xorg-6.7.99.1/bin$ xcompmgr -c
  error 9 request 158 minor 1 serial 2618
  Aborted

Where the serial is a random number.
Here's a shot of what happens:
http://www.si.hhs.nl/~20033874/screens/xorg-xcompmgr.png

I am running Debian Unstable with linux 2.6.7. In Xorg.0.log it also states
that the Composite extension is enabled.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

- Dennie