[Xorg] Solicitation of screen shots of new facilities in action...

Ronny V. Vindenes s864 at ii.uib.no
Sun Aug 15 09:18:15 PDT 2004

lør, 14,.08.2004 kl. 13.34 -0500, skrev Ryan:
> On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 20:10 +0200, Ronny V. Vindenes wrote:
> > lør, 14,.08.2004 kl. 09.52 -0700, skrev Keith Packard:

> > > I fixed a bug that did this when using Composite last night.
> > >

> > I still see it with cvs from today
> >

> Not me, things are drawing really nicely, metacity, gnome and gnome-
> panel and any gtk apps I've run do anyway.  Some other toolkits still
> don't draw right though.  Running the program Audacity (fltk audio
> editor) reveals some glitches in menu items.
>
> The only profound visual issue for me is broken scrolling in evolution
> firefox (scrolling in gedit and gnome-terminal is fine).  Composite is
> still prohibitively slow.  Interestingly running skippy-xd (expose clone
> using composite et. al.) is also dog slow.  This confirms the issue to
> be in xaa and composite not xcompmgr itself?

With cvs today (the 15th), everything I've tested is drawing correctly.
Performance with xcompmgr running is pretty good, BUT without xcompmgr
running it's really poor - scrolling in gnome-terminal is so slow it's
completely unusable and moving windows around is all "skip-n-jump".
xcompmgr also crashes with these two errors every now and then:

[rvv at tentacle125 xcompmgr]$ ./xcompmgr -c
error 9 request 158 minor 1 serial 23590
Aborted
[rvv at tentacle125 xcompmgr]$ ./xcompmgr -c
error 3 request 157 minor 6 serial 172255
Aborted

--

Ronny V. Vindenes <s864 at ii.uib.no>