[Xorg] Fun bug: DPMS randomly starts

Thomas Winischhofer thomas at winischhofer.net
Sat Aug 21 15:41:15 PDT 2004

Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Jim Gettys wrote:
>
>> I added this as a blocker to be discussed at Monday's call;
>> I suspect we shouldn't hold up the release for this, if someone
>> can come up with a fix we can use
>

>> (was the fix done by David,
>> or just committed by David from someone else?).
>

> Stupid question, but why is this important ?

iff -c -r3.45 -r3.46
*** xc/programs/Xserver/os/WaitFor.c2004/03/17 23:53:033.45
--- xc/programs/Xserver/os/WaitFor.c2004/04/07 02:36:263.46
--- 697,716 ----
       if (DPMSStandbyTime > 0) {
           DPMSStandbyTimer = TimerSet(DPMSStandbyTimer, 0, DPMSStandbyTime,
                                       DPMSStandbyTimerExpire, NULL);
+     } else if (DPMSStandbyTimer) {
+ TimerCancel(DPMSStandbyTimer);
       }
       if (DPMSSuspendTime > 0) {
           DPMSSuspendTimer = TimerSet(DPMSSuspendTimer, 0, DPMSSuspendTime,
                                       DPMSSuspendTimerExpire, NULL);
+     } else if (DPMSSuspendTimer) {
+ TimerCancel(DPMSSuspendTimer);
       }
       if (DPMSOffTime > 0) {
           DPMSOffTimer = TimerSet(DPMSOffTimer, 0, DPMSOffTime,
                                   DPMSOffTimerExpire, NULL);
+     } else if (DPMSOffTimer) {
+ TimerCancel(DPMSOffTimer);
       }
   }
   #endif

Exactly. This patch is a 6-liner and if anybody sues you for taking it
over to X.org, I'll defend you for free (IAAL). Such short stuff isn't
even copyrightable.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer