[Xorg] X11R6.8 cvs and ATI fglrx drivers

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Tue Aug 24 12:07:41 PDT 2004

Hi all,

today I gave the current CVS a try. I'm running an ATI Radeon 9600. The
radeon driver works, but everything feels really slow. With the
proprietary drivers fglrx, I experience a crash of the X server (signal
11) when I run gnome-settings-daemon (I think when it loads the GTK
theme engine), or when launching openoffice.

With both, xcompmgr gives strange shadows [1]. Once xcompmgr is
launched, everything is dead slow, but I think this has been discussed
here before.

I put my xorg.conf [2] and the crash log [3] online.

[1] http://bilien.org/~jobi/xorg-comp-buggy-shadow.png
[2] http://bilien.org/~jobi/xorg.conf
[3] http://bilien.org/~jobi/Xorg.0.log

--